“THE X FACTOR” Audition Pass Contest - Competition
THE X FACTOR AUDITION PASS CONTEST is a great testing ground in order to see if you have what it takes to make it on the program and ultimately win the $5 million recording contract. Also, you get to meet fellow singers in the area, create bonds and lasting friendships, plus get your talent out to a wider audience.
The prizes we give away are also more than enough reason to participate! Here are a few things to know about the competition.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
BASIC RULES & ELIGIBILITY:
- Contest is open to individuals or vocal groups who meet the criteria as determined by WNTZ-TV and as determined by Program audition guidelines found at www.thexfactorusa.com. Individuals can audition once as either a soloist or as part of a vocal group on Audition date.
- Local Contest is March 23, 2013 at Alexandria Mall, 3437 Masonic Drive, Alexandria, La.
- Registration is 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Auditions will begin at 10:30 a.m.
Contestant(s) must be able to prove through government-issued photo ID, passport, or birth certificate at the time of your registration and audition that:
- You are a legal U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S. resident who is eligible to work full-time in the United States; and
You maintain legal residence in the WNTZ-TV FOX 48 viewing area. This area includes the following:
- Parishes in Louisiana: Avoyelles, Catahoula, Concordia, Grant, LaSalle, Sabine, Rapides, Vernon.
- Counties in Mississippi: Adams.
You are 12 years old on or before January 1, 2013. If you were born after January 1, 2001, you are not eligible to participate this season.
- Contestants Under 18 Years of Age: If contestant(s) will be under 18 years of age on the day of Registration and/or Audition, parents and/or legal guardians must accompany the contestant(s) to the Registration and Audition. In addition, parent or legal guardian must bring a government-issued photo ID (e.g., a driver’s license or passport). If contestant(s) are accompanied by a legal guardian as opposed to a parent, legal guardian must bring proof of guardianship (e.g., a court order).
AUDITION PROCESS (Local Contest):
The Official Rules and Registration Forms for this Contest are available in four methods: 1) Printed forms are available at the Alexandria and Natchez offices of WNTZ-TV; 2) Registration can be filled out online (CLICK HERE) and electronically submitted; 3) The Rules and Registration Form can be printed online at the Station’s Website; 4) Forms will be available at the Audition location during the Audition Registration time period. The Registration Form must be delivered with the contestant(s) to the Audition location at the Audition Registration time if using methods #1 or #3. If contestant has preregistered using the Online Registration Option (#2), the form will be waiting for the contestant(s) upon their arrival at the Audition. The contestant(s) must bring picture identification, along with the Registration Form (if available), to the Audition at Alexandria Mall on March 23, 2013, between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. In the event the contestant(s) are a minor, a parent or guardian must be present at the Audition, and the Registration Form must be signed and verified (via parent or guardian’s picture identification) in the presence of Station personnel during the Audition Registration period, no matter which Registration method is used.
Audition Round will begin at 10:30 a.m. Be prepared to sing a song of your choice a cappella. You have up to 30-60 seconds to sing, but the judges can stop you at any time or ask you to sing longer than this. Song must be appropriate in nature (e.g., no offensive language, etc.) Backing music and/or musical instruments will not be allowed during this portion of the contest. Acts (soloists or musical groups) will perform their audition selection for an audience, and the audition will be scored by a judging panel. The top ten (10) acts move on to the Finals Round to be held at the Alexandria Mall later in the day. Station will announce the top ten (10) acts after tallying the judges’ scores.
FINALS ROUND (Local Contest):
After the Audition Round process has concluded (Start Time: approximately 12:00-12:30 p.m. dependent on the number of acts who audition in the morning), and after any entertainment has concluded, the top ten (10) acts will sing one song in entirety, the length not to exceed five (5) minutes, and compete in front of judges and an audience in the Finals Round. Acts may sing their song a cappella, use pre-recorded music on a CD, and/or use non-electric-powered instruments in their Finals Round performance. Instrument(s) must be set up and removed from the performance area during the allotted time period for the act’s Finals Round performance. You must have your prerecorded music or non-electric instrument ready for the Finals Round (The Contest will not wait for music or instrument to arrive at the venue.). Also, acts are not allowed to use additional non-competing performers to operate the non-electric instrument during the Finals Round performance. The judging panel will score each act based upon the same judging criteria in the Audition Round. The scores from the Audition Round will not be used in the Finals Round. The top scoring act in the Finals Round will be the Grand Prize Winner. In the event there is a tie for First Place upon multiple acts, the tie will be broken by judges’ deliberation, and the Grand Prize will be awarded to the winner of the tie-break.
GRAND PRIZE (First Place):
The Grand Prize Winner will receive an Audition Pass to the New Orleans, LA season three auditions of The X Factor and a travel package (details, arrangements, and value TBD by WNTZ-TV, but not to exceed $2,000.00). Grand Prize Winner will receive an IRS 1099 Form for tax purposes for values over $600.00. Vocal group members who win the Grand Prize can expect the prize package value to be split evenly between the members of the group.
- You are only guaranteed one audition per contestant category in front of a producer of The X Factor.
- You will be judged under the criteria listed in the Program’s Official Rules and will not receive preferential treatment for callbacks. Decisions for callbacks are made solely by the judges. Should you receive a callback, you are solely responsible for your travel arrangements.
- You will not audition in front of any of The X Factor judge(s) or any guest judge(s) seen “on the air” (e.g., Simon Cowell, etc.) during this guaranteed audition.
The X Factor season three premieres Fall 2013!
Click the logo to visit The X Factor website.
The X Factor, ©2013 FremantleMedia North America, Inc. and Simco Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Visit our sponsor & partners' Web sites!