FORT POLK, LA — Due to the government shutdown, some operations at the Joint Readiness Trainin Center at Fort Polk will be reduced or curtailed.
The Public Affairs Office at Fort Polk have listed the following adjustments:
- Fort Polk commissary: Closed effective Oct. 2 for duration of shutdown.
- Fort Polk Army and Air Force Exchange Service: Business as usual.
Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital
- Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital will continue to provide medical services to its beneficiaries during the government shutdown that began Oct. 1.
- BJACH's Outpatient Pharmacy, lab and radiology departments will be open. The Outpatient Pharmacy is open 7:30 a.m.- 6 p.m. weekdays.
- Acute Outpatient Care will be available in all clinics.
- Scheduled appointments will not be cancelled. However, the ability to schedule new appointments will be limited during the affected period.
- BJACH's emergency room remains open 24/7. All inpatient (wards) and Wounded Warrior Care activities will continue as well as medical support to mission critical operational forces and training.
- If you cannot keep your appointment call 337-531-3011, Option 2 to cancel the appointment.
Army Community Service
- Army Community Service will cancel or postpone scheduled classes through Oct. 11. Individual programs will send information about their classes.
- ACS will be open during the shutdown and will provide critical limited services: Army Emergency Relief, Soldier and Family Advocacy Program, and Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault Program; however you may experience long wait times
- For more information please call the main ACS number at (337) 531-1941.
- Emergency service through Army Community Service will continue.
- To report cases of suspected child abuse/neglect and spouse/intimate partner abuse, call (337) 531-HOPE .
- Army Emergency Relief (AER) will have limited staffing. Call (337) 531-1957. After duty hours, weekends and holidays call Armed Forces Emergency Services at (877) 272-7337.
- Child, Youth and School Services continues uninterrupted.
- Auto Skills Center is closed until further notice.
- Business Operations and Recreation facilities will be business as usual until further notice.
- For the status of DFMWR events / closures, refer to the Fort Polk MWR Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/#!/fortpolkmwr
- Public Affairs Office: Limited services. Information goes out via Guardian, Guardian Facebook and media press releases. Guardian size will be limited. No updates to WS TV and Entrance Road marquee.
Updates will be posted as information is received via:
- Fort Polk Guardian Facebook page (search Fort Polk Guardian on the Facebook site).
- The Joint Readiness Training Center and Fort Polk web site at www.jrtc-polk.army.mil.