Jackson, Miss. VA to host free health fairs for veterans in Mississippi
Tell a Veteran/Bring a Veteran Mobile Clinic tour to visit seven cities in ten days
JACKSON, Miss. — The G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center is hosting free health fairs in July embarking on a state-wide effort to enroll Mississippi Veterans in VA healthcare. The Tell a Veteran/Bring a Veteran Mississippi Mobile Clinic tour will visit 7 cities in 10 days. The free health fairs will be open from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Medical services available include audiology screenings, eye screenings, assessments for Impaired Vision Program, bone density scans, blood pressure checks, complete blood count and urinalysis, VA Health Care enrollment, Diabetic/Lipids Education and more.
“We are encouraging all veterans to come out, even if they’re already enrolled, and bring a fellow veteran with them,” said Medical Center Director Joe Battle. “Connecting veterans to the health benefits they have earned is a top priority. We will continue to reach out to veterans and their families, and anyone who has a vested interest in helping us help veterans.”
The Tell a Veteran/Bring a Veteran Mississippi Mobile Clinic tour will host the free health fairs at all seven VA Outpatient Clinics in Mississippi beginning on July 17. The dates for the 10-day statewide tour are: (All free health fairs will be open from 4:00-8:00 p.m.)
• Tuesday, July 17 Meridian VA Outpatient Clinic, 2103 13th Street
• Wednesday, July 18 Hattiesburg VA Outpatient Clinic, 231 Methodist Blvd;
• Thursday, July 19 McComb VA Outpatient Clinic, 1308 Harrison Avenue;
• Friday, July 20 Natchez VA Outpatient Clinic, 105 Northgate Drive, Suite 2;
• Tuesday, July 24 Greenville VA Outpatient Clinic, 1502 S. Colorado Street;
• Wednesday, July 25 Columbus VA Outpatient Clinic, 824 Alabama Street;
• Thursday, July 26 Kosciusko VA Outpatient Clinic, 332 Hwy 12 W
In 2011, the Jackson VA was named one of the nation’s top performers on key quality measures by the Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in America and was one of only 405 U.S. hospitals out of over 3,000 surveyed earning this distinction.
For more information about the Tell a Veteran/Bring a Veteran Mississippi Mobile Clinic tour please visit www.jackson.va.gov or contact Fred Nichols at (601) 364-1233.