LEESVILLE, La (Leesville Daily Leader) — UPDATE 9:38 a.m. — The following sections of roads are still closed due to flooding, according to the DOTD:
- La. 8 and La. 28 — the right lane of the westbound lane at Finley Bottom;
- La. 8 at the Calcasieu River Bridge in Slagle;
- La. 1146 at Bundick Creek Bridge; and
- one lane of La. 8 at Comrade Creek Bottom.
UPDATE: All of these sections have been re-opened for traffic. However, there is still a large amount of standing water in some of these locations, as well as on many smaller roads.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) advises motorists that serveral sections of U.S. 171 will be closed due to flooding from Tuesday's storms.
The areas which will be closed include:
- U.S. 171 northbound, where it crosses Bayou Zourie Road in the vicinity of Pickering High School;
- U.S. 171 northbound, between Warner Street and La. 1213;
- U.S. 171 southbound between Lee and Courthouse streets;
- U.S. 171 southbound between Fertitta and Orlando Streets.
The DOTD also advises motorists of an accident near Pickering High School that is affecting traffic in the area. There have been no detours provided by the DOTD for the affected areas. There is also no word on how long the roadways may be closed; maintenance crews are currently installing signs advising motorists of the closures.