Two pets die in Shreveport house fire
SHREVEPORT, La. — A morning house fire in the 2600 block of Meriwether Rd. in Shreveport took the life of two pets.
Firefighters received a call for help at around 10:30 a.m. When fire companies arrived, they found smoke billowing from the roof.
No one was home at the time of fire, however, neighbors notified homeowners of the blaze.
Once firefighters arrived, a resident of the house told them that there were three dogs iinside.
Officials searched for the animals, and used an air mask in an attempt to save the dogs' lives.
Unfortunately, only one of the three dogs survived.
There were no injuries to the firefighters or residents. The fire is under investigation.